Click Here to Download : MCC Competition Rules
1. The student must be enrolled in private instruction through the college and enter the competition on the same instrument. Music majors and non-music majors may enter if they have accumulated at least 8 credit hours of music classes during the 2012-2013 Academic year.
2. Continuing students should have a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or more for the preceding semester. Incoming students should have a 3.0 GPA or more at the end of the semester.
3. Applications are due on Friday, May 3, 2013at 12:00 noon The private instructor’s recommendation is required.
4. Auditions will be held on Monday, May 6, 2013 during your regularly scheduled jury time in the Music Building, Mesa Community College.
5. All performers have to turn in the title, composer and performance time of their pieces. All entrants will perform what they have prepared for their juries. Pianists and Instrumentalists please supply at least one copy of your Music to the jury panel.
6. Scholarship Awards will be given in the following increments: $300 for 1st place, $200 for 2nd place. These funds must be used for tuition and fees for the school year 2013-2014 to finance the students’ studies at Mesa Community College (private instruction must continue in the fall with the MCC Music Department). Awards may be used for Fall semester registration upon presentation of Bills or Receipts.
7. Decisions of the judges are final. If a tie is declared, the award will be split between the winners, unless additional funding is available.
8. For further information and questions contact:
Sue Anne Lucius (480) 461-7577
Application forms available
on the bulletin board by the Music Office