Directed by Chris Reidy, the MCC percussion ensemble is a diverse group of young percussionists performing contemporary literature from some of today’s major composers. They perform everything from multi-percussion duets to full ensemble pieces, which include a variety of instruments such as marimbas, vibraphones, timpani, drum sets and more.
FALL 2020 classes will start as LIVE ONLINE and may pivot to optional live hybrid classes pending health and safety regulations. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777
Percussion Ensemble (MUP190) Section 34552 Chris Reidy. Times listed are 2:30 – 4:25 pm Tuesday and Thursday but will be flexible. Professor Reidy will work with your individual schedule and may choose select times based on the group’s overall availability. Sign up now and Professor Reidy with reach out with more information prior to the start of class.
Here’s what you can look forward to this Fall 2020!
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options.
- Work with our PERCUSSION studio experts in fun small like instrument groups.
- Listening labs and interactive hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, guests, and instructors.
- Learning of secondary instruments for music education majors and community members so long as approved by your instructor.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC (checkout plans are for this August 2020)
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. Sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians. High school – retired community members are all welcome at all ability levels.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style.