The MCC Orchestras consistently presents innovative programs featuring a variety of orchestral works.
Under the direction of Brian Murphy, the MCC Orchestras consistently present innovative programs featuring a variety of orchestral works from the Classical, Romantic and Modern periods. The orchestral program at MCC includes both a Community Orchestra (full orchestra) as well as a String Orchestra.
Both groups are made up of MCC students (music majors and non-music majors) and community members.
FALL 2020 classes will start as LIVE ONLINE and may pivot to optional live hybrid classes pending health and safety regulations. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 The Community Orchestra meetings are scheduled for Tuesday evenings and will be offered live-online from 7:15 – 8:15 pm. We will record these sessions for flexibility if you’re not able to make some of the 7:15 pm times. Sign up now so we can survey you to find out what you’re most interested in for Fall 2020. We have amazing topics to choose from! The class is directed by Brian Murphy. The MCC Orchestras are made up of students and community members. No audition is required for Fall 2020. Jump in and have some fun with us!
Here are examples of what the MCC Orchestras may offer for you this Fall 2020!
- Engage with amazing teachers from our STRING, BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun, small, like-instrument groups
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary or secondary instrument
- The learning, preparing and recording of quality string and full orchestra literature
- The learning of technology used to perform, record, and teach orchestra
- Listening labs and fun group social hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, and instructors
- Learn about, and become exposed to other music cultures. Learn how orchestra is approached and the technology used to learn and record instruments
- Learning of orchestra pedagogy and orchestra rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC in August 2020. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style
- Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects will be optional.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path to private lesson scholarships (wavers). Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
- Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!