The MCC Jazz Ensemble continues to promote jazz at a high level throughout the Valley
Paul Brewer, Director
The MCC Jazz Band is a musically intense ensemble that meets from 1pm-2:15pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. Conductors of the MCC Jazz Band are Paul Brewer and Michael King.
FALL 2020 classes will start as LIVE ONLINE and may pivot to optional live hybrid classes pending health and safety regulations. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student.
Here’s an example of what the Jazz Band may offer for you this Fall 2020!
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument
- Work with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and RHYTHM SECTION studios.
- The learning, preparing and recording of great jazz ensemble literature.
- The learning of Jazz Improvisation techniques.
- Listening labs and fun group social hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, and instructors.
- Learn about, and become exposed to other musical genres, Cuban, Brazilian, Funk and Fusion.
- Learning of jazz pedagogy and jazz ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC in August 2020.
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style. Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will not be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects will be optional.
- MCC Jazz Band registration information CLICK HERE
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!