The MCC Concert Band consistently presents innovative programs featuring the best of wind compositions and arrangements.
Directed by Dr. Rob Hunter , Paul Brewer, and Chris Reidy the MCC Concert Band offerings emphasize instrumental techniques and the preparation of all styles of band literature for ensemble performance. Percussion will be offered as a percussion ensemble and explore music specific to percussion. The concert band and percussion ensemble is made up of MCC students, both those pursuing music degrees as well as those on non-music tracks who want to continue performing and progressing on their instrument. High school students are also welcome to attend. An audition may be required . Please register now.
Concert Band BRASS (MUP162) Hunter 1 Credit
Concert Band WOODWINDS (MUP162) Brewer 1 Credit
Fall 2021 PERCUSSION Ensemble (MUP190) Reidy 1 Credit
FALL 2021 classes will meet at the MCC Performing Arts Center and will follow the health and safety regulations established by the college. Masking and distancing is encouraged while inside the building. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Concert Band is scheduled to meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-4:25.
View the syllabus here
Listen to recordings of the music we’re working on this season here
Here’s what you can look forward to this semester!
- Work with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like groups.
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument.
- The learning, preparing and performing of great concert and wind band ensemble literature.
- Learning of band pedagogy and concert band ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path private lesson scholarships. Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!