The MCC Concert Band consistently presents innovative programs featuring the best of wind compositions and arrangements.
Directed by Dr. Rob Hunter , Paul Brewer, and Chris Reidy the MCC Concert Band offerings emphasize instrumental techniques and the preparation of all styles of band literature for ensemble performance. Percussion will be offered as a percussion ensemble and explore music specific to percussion. The concert band and percussion ensemble is made up of MCC students, both those pursuing music degrees as well as those on non-music tracks who want to continue performing and progressing on their instrument. High school students are also welcome to attend. An audition may be required . Please register now.
Flexible meeting times Tues/Thurs 2:30 – 4:25pm. We’ll work with your schedule and you do not have to be available during this specific time to enroll. We will have live online sessions offered but they will also be recorded so you can participate at anytime of day or night.
Concert Band BRASS (MUP162) Hunter 1 Credit
Concert Band WOODWINDS (MUP162) Brewer 1 Credit
Fall 2020 PERCUSSION Ensemble (MUP190) Reidy 1 Credit
Classes may be LIVE ONLINE and pivot to optional live hybrid classes pending health and safety regulations. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777
Visit band.us/n/ada149J1G6P1a to be part of our online community or scan this code
Here’s what you can look forward to this semester!
- Work with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like groups.
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument.
- The learning, preparing and recording of great concert and wind band ensemble literature.
- The learning of technology used to perform, record, and teach concert bands. We’ll also get to know some of the world’s top community and concert bands.
- Listening labs and fun group social hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, and instructors.
- Learn about, and become exposed to other music cultures. Learn how band is approached and the technology used to learn and record instruments.
- Learning of band pedagogy and concert band ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style. Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will not be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects will be optional.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path private lesson scholarships. Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!