The MCC Community Orchestra is a full orchestra that consistently presents innovative programs featuring some of the finest orchestral compositions and arrangements. The performance literature represents music from the Classical, Romantic and Modern time periods. The class is directed by Brian Murphy. The MCC Community Orchestra is made up of students and community members. Jump in and have some fun with us!
FALL 2021 classes will meet at the MCC Performing Arts Center and will follow the health and safety regulations established by the college. District policy requires all individuals to wear a face covering or mask when inside all Maricopa buildings. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 The Community Orchestra meetings are scheduled for Tuesday evenings at 7:10.
View the syllabus here
Here are examples of what Community Orchestra may offer for you this Fall 2021!
- Engage with amazing teachers from our STRING, BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun, small, like-instrument group
- The learning, preparing and performing of quality string and full orchestra literature
- Learning of orchestra pedagogy and orchestra rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC in August 2021. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path to private lesson scholarships (wavers). Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information
- Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!