The MCC Community Band includes a mix of students and community members.
Community Band (MUP161) 1 Credit
Classes will be in person at the MCC Performing Arts Center, and we will be following health and safety guidelines put in place by the college. District policy requires all individuals to wear a face covering or mask when inside all Maricopa buildings. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777
The Community Band meetings are scheduled for Thursday evenings at 7:20. The class is directed by Dr. Rob Hunter and Brian Murphy, the MCC Community Band is made up students and community members of all levels. No audition is required for Fall 2021. Jump in and have some fun with us!
View the syllabus here
Listen to recordings of the music we’re working on this season here
Here’s an example of what community band may offer you.
- Work with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like groups.
- The learning, preparing and performing of great concert and wind band ensemble literature.
- Learning of band pedagogy and concert band ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path private lesson scholarships. Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
- Community Band registration information CLICK HERE Concert Band registration information CLICK HERE
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!