The MCC Community Band includes a mix of students and community members.
Community Band (MUP161) 1 Credit
Classes may begin LIVE ONLINE and then pivot to optional live hybrid classes pending health and safety regulations. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777
The Community Band meetings are scheduled for Thursday evenings and will be offered live-online from 7:30 – 8:30 pm. We will record these sessions for flexibility if you’re not able to make some of the 7:30 pm times. We have amazing topics to choose from! The class is directed by Dr. Rob Hunter and Brian Murphy, the MCC Community Band is made up students and community members of all levels. No audition is required for Fall 2020. Jump in and have some fun with us!
Here’s an example of what community band may offer you.
- Work with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like groups.
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument.
- The learning, preparing and recording of great concert and wind band ensemble literature.
- The learning of technology used to perform, record, and teach concert bands. We’ll also get to know some of the world’s top community and concert bands.
- Listening labs and fun group social hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, and instructors.
- Learn about, and become exposed to other music cultures. Learn how band is approached and the technology used to learn and record instruments.
- Learning of band pedagogy and concert band ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style. Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will not be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects will be optional.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path private lesson scholarships. Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
- Community Band registration information CLICK HERE Concert Band registration information CLICK HERE
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!
Join https://band.us/@mcccommunityband and be part of our online portal!