The MCC Community Band includes a mix of students and community members.
FALL 2021 classes will meet at the MCC Performing Arts Center and will follow the health and safety regulations established by the college. District policy requires all individuals to wear a face covering or mask when inside all Maricopa buildings. Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student. Find out how to apply to scholarships by texting SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777
View the syllabus here
Listen to recordings of the music we’re working on this season here
Community Band (MUP161) 1 Credit
Emphasis on college/community participation and the preparation of band literature for public performance. Prerequisites: None. Note: MUP161 may be repeated for credit. Auditions may be required.
|Mesa: Dobson Campus
Live Online Course
|08/27/2020 – 12/18/2020
|7:10PM – 9:50PM
Here’s what you can look forward to this Fall 2020!
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument.
- Work with amazing teachers around from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like instrument groups.
- Listening labs and interactive hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, guests, and instructors.
- Learning of secondary instruments for music education majors and community members. No experience necessary.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC (checkout plans are for this August 2020)
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. Sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians. High school – retired community members are all welcome at all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style. Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects may be available and will be optional.