The MCC Band program focuses on emphasizing instrumental techniques and the preparation of all styles of band literature for ensemble performance.
The MCC Band program includes both a Community Band that meets in the evenings, and is open to students and community members alike, and a Concert Band that meets during the day, that is geared towards music, and non music majors. Conductors of the MCC Band Program include Dr. Rob Hunter, Paul Brewer, and Brian Murphy.
Scholarships are available to students of all ages – you do not have to be a music major or a full-time student.
Here’s an example of what community and concert bands may offer for you this semester.
- Face to Face – outdoor or socially distanced learning hybrid class opportunities (pending heath and safety restrictions).
- Engage with amazing teachers from our BRASS, WOODWIND, and PERCUSSION studios in fun small like groups.
- Group and/or one-on-one instruction options on your primary, or secondary instrument
- The learning, preparing and recording of great concert and wind band ensemble literature.
- The learning of technology used to perform, record, and teach concert band.
- Listening labs and fun group social hangouts with fellow musicians, conductors, and instructors.
- Learn about, and become exposed to other music cultures. Learn how band is approached and the technology used to learn and record instruments.
- Learning of band pedagogy and concert band ensemble rehearsal techniques for music education majors and community members that are interested in teaching.
- FREE instrument check-out (where approved and available) from the MCC PAC. Over 8 instruments may be available to choose from and you can check them out the entire semester!
- Local and national celebrity guest musicians will present LIVE online sessions. These sessions will also be recorded and available to those who can’t make the LIVE times.
- Positive, motivational experiences for all musicians, early college – retired community members and all ability levels.
- No pressure to play in front of others individually unless YOU request to do so.
- Recording projects to be customized to your needs and learning style. Projects will be focused on bringing JOY to your experience with us and will not be private to you and your instructor. Group presentations and projects will be optional.
- Enrollment in large ensembles are often the path to private lesson scholarships (wavers). Text SCHOLARSHIPS to 480-787-0777 for more information.
- Community Band registration information CLICK HERE Concert Band registration information CLICK HERE
Complete this FORM and we’ll send you MORE information for Late August/Early September Starts!